Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Update on baby girl dazey

OK, I know blogging has been scarce recently, but oh well.

I have tons to post from Easter to current, its coming, and soon, (I hope)

So as of today baby girl Dazey is refusing to come out.. nothing is going on, no dilation, some contractions, and I'm getting anxious. With Drew I wasn't, i was OK with him staying put, and very naive. Well, now I'm definitely more educated and along with that comes my being anxious.

Why you may be wondering.. well with Drew I had to have, per the doctor's say, a c-section. AS drew got older, I began to grieve my birth experience and even downright wish c-sections on people so I wouldn't be the only one( nothing personal I promise)

Upon finding out that we were expecting again, we made the decision to pursue VBAC this time around. Its such a blessing to have an OB who totally supports this, I know there are those out there who are anti OB, but I've got a good one, and would much rather have a hospital birth then deal with the risk ( as small as they are) outside of the hospital.

So the steps I have taken this time around are: I've hired a wonderful friend and Doula, Katherine Maurice. Check out her website at blessedbirth.org. She has educated Kevin and I beyond belief, and she is going to help us through the process of natural, unmedicated childbirth. We are so blessed to have a friend with such an awesome talent and passion for helping mothers have the birth experience they want, also I have taken to seeing a chiropractor who works specifically with pregnant women to help their bodies be ready for childbirth, I am taking supplements and drinking tea, as well as bouncing around on a ball.

Like I said my doctor is awesome and is not forcing a c-section the minute May 30th comes and goes, but as of today, we have one hypothetically scheduled for June 9th. That is 10 days after I am due and it is also my dad's birthday. I'm hoping 10 days out, she's not in there anymore, but if she is, I have a peace that making this tentative plan is in God's will. Lord willing, I will go into to labor on my own and have a successful delivery but God is in control. I am struggling a bit with that today, but that is due to my dear friend Satan....who we all know and love right.. blah, so if I could ask that all who read this take a moment and pray for my family and baby #2, delivery, and anything else you feel burdened to pray for, I'd really appreciate it. I need all the support I can get right now. Thanks

3 comments:

Jennifer Barnes said...

Crissy - You can do it! I believe in your ability to have a natural birth and I am praying for this baby's birth to be healing over your previous experience. Lowell's birth healed so many aspects of James' birth that I mourned. God designed your body and He designed it to be ABLE to have this girl.

I would have nominated myself as the least likely to survive a birth without drugs and it was over before I knew I was ever really in labor to begin with. With the support that you have rallied around yourself, this will be possible. Be strong and don't let the hospital pressure you meet any deadlines or stick to any of their agendas (by the clock) -- God will get you through it!

We'll be praying for you.

RyAnn said...

If you feel up to walking in the mornings give me a call! Maybe this will help Baby Girl come!
We will be praying for you and Baby girl and Drew!

Ryann

Misty said...

You can do it! I'm planning for it with #2 as well. I have a friend that had a c-section with her first and has had 2 successful VBACs since. I know God is with you and He and you can do it!!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker