OK well back to the blogosphere! 
Today is Michaela's second birthday! I honestly can't believe it. Our Little ladybug is officially out of babyhood and onto toddler hood. For those of you who really know her, she would let you know that 6 mos ago she wasn't a baby, she was a big girl. My oh my is she ever.. she is potty trained and will NOT let you do anything for her. The most common phrase heard around our house is "no! I dude it!" and if you don't listen, there will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth! Now of course she will be a big sister come fall, and she is older then drew was when this little girl will be born, but goodness I need to stop blinking! Things are going way to fast here! She and Drew are even sharing a room now complete with bunk beds...man! I still put her in the crib from time to time, but most times she won't have it.
We had her birthday on Sunday evening, and she definitely had a blast. Thank goodness we have a kiddie pool, it was 100 degrees outside and we had a bounce house too. So lots of swimming, bouncing and laughter going on. I actually did the easy thing this year and ordered pizza instead of grilling, but it actually gave Kev and I time to actually participate in the party. I was the quiet observer.. visiting with friends but the whole time watching my little girl celebrate her day! What a joy that was!
Today on her second birthday I think about her day of birth and I am just in awe. Who cares if she didn't come according to my plans, she came according to His plans and she his whole, healthy, and happy. We had a special breakfast this morning: waffles and fruit with a birthday candle of course, then we spent the rest of the morning at and indoor play place called Abbey's play town.. and she and drew played and played. Wore themselves out! tonight we will go to church and then for a short while go hear Dazey chain( my brother in laws band) play in grapevine. It is a special day, so she can have a late bedtime tonight. When the day is done, we will tuck her into her big girl bed, say her prayers, and go to sleep. No more my precious baby, but my precious little girl.
Michaela Girl-
Mommy and Daddy are so blessed to be your parents. We are amazed at all that you do! The love you have for your brother is unconditional, no matter how much you fight. You have a special place in your heart for everyone and are excited to see them when they walk into a room. I know you love animals, and I have already apologized to your Daddy for all the strays that grace our home..hopefully this mommy will learn to put her foot down on that ;)
Your laughter is contagious and you light up a room with your smile. Daddy and I are so very excited to see how your life begins to bloom and what God has in store for you. Know that we pray for you and Drew everyday. You are truly and gift from God and we love you! Happy Birthday!
Love Always- Mommy and Daddy
Today is Michaela's second birthday! I honestly can't believe it. Our Little ladybug is officially out of babyhood and onto toddler hood. For those of you who really know her, she would let you know that 6 mos ago she wasn't a baby, she was a big girl. My oh my is she ever.. she is potty trained and will NOT let you do anything for her. The most common phrase heard around our house is "no! I dude it!" and if you don't listen, there will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth! Now of course she will be a big sister come fall, and she is older then drew was when this little girl will be born, but goodness I need to stop blinking! Things are going way to fast here! She and Drew are even sharing a room now complete with bunk beds...man! I still put her in the crib from time to time, but most times she won't have it.
We had her birthday on Sunday evening, and she definitely had a blast. Thank goodness we have a kiddie pool, it was 100 degrees outside and we had a bounce house too. So lots of swimming, bouncing and laughter going on. I actually did the easy thing this year and ordered pizza instead of grilling, but it actually gave Kev and I time to actually participate in the party. I was the quiet observer.. visiting with friends but the whole time watching my little girl celebrate her day! What a joy that was!
Today on her second birthday I think about her day of birth and I am just in awe. Who cares if she didn't come according to my plans, she came according to His plans and she his whole, healthy, and happy. We had a special breakfast this morning: waffles and fruit with a birthday candle of course, then we spent the rest of the morning at and indoor play place called Abbey's play town.. and she and drew played and played. Wore themselves out! tonight we will go to church and then for a short while go hear Dazey chain( my brother in laws band) play in grapevine. It is a special day, so she can have a late bedtime tonight. When the day is done, we will tuck her into her big girl bed, say her prayers, and go to sleep. No more my precious baby, but my precious little girl.
Michaela Girl-
Mommy and Daddy are so blessed to be your parents. We are amazed at all that you do! The love you have for your brother is unconditional, no matter how much you fight. You have a special place in your heart for everyone and are excited to see them when they walk into a room. I know you love animals, and I have already apologized to your Daddy for all the strays that grace our home..hopefully this mommy will learn to put her foot down on that ;)
Your laughter is contagious and you light up a room with your smile. Daddy and I are so very excited to see how your life begins to bloom and what God has in store for you. Know that we pray for you and Drew everyday. You are truly and gift from God and we love you! Happy Birthday!
Love Always- Mommy and Daddy


1 comment:
Reading this post is just what I need right now. I have tears in my eyes. It gives me hope for the wonderful future I know I will have with my new little boy even though I am struggling with a few things right now. Thank you for being a great mommy role model for me and for being my friend as always.
Post a Comment