Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Drew is Four!

So this is really late, but in all reality, I think I was avoiding admitting that my little boy is four! I can't believe that! I read a friends blog the other and she described how we are always trying to hurry up the milestones our children reach.  Such as hurry up and sleep through the night, hurry up and use the potty, hurry, hurry , hurry.  This is so true. Even though we are excited as each milestone is reached, its also sad to watch them grow.  I am thankful that Drew's birthday is in November because that means next fall, he won't be old enough to go to kindergarten, so I will have him home for another year! I do know that that day is coming though and as excited as I am for him, I am definitely going to be one of those mothers in the Boo HOO mommy party on the first day of school really boo hooing.  Enough mushiness, more about Drew ;)

So his birthday was November 12th.  The day before at school, he got to celebrate with his friends by taking his favorite book, the "Big Boy Thomas Book" ( a book with all the original Thomas stories), candy cookies (m&m cookies) and special napkins.  His sweet teachers even gave him a birthday goody bag! On his birthday, we had a special breakfast with daddy, and then we drove up to McKinney to play with some friends, napped in the car on the way back and then braved Chuck E Cheese for dinner with the grandparents.  He always wants to go eat there, but we have told him we only go for birthday parties, so he was pleasantly surprised when we pulled into the parking lot.  He had some much fun!

His birthday was on a Friday this year, so we got to have his party the next day.  It was kind of a busy day because we had the last tee ball game of the year, at the latest time slot, then had to squeeze in quick naps, and headed to my parents house where the party was.  He had all his friends from church as well as a few other close friends, and GiGi and Great Poppy( my grandparents) and my parents got him a train to ride on at the party.  Not some toy, but an actual train that came and drove the kids around the neighborhood.  That was exciting, all the kids were in the train, and all the parents were in the street watching.  The parents didn't really know what to do  since they didn't have to corral their kiddos. Oh my actual adult conversation.  The train was there for an hour and then we did dinner, presents and cake.  Drew is still talking about his birthday!

Dear Drew Bear,

There will come a day you will want to be just "Drew" but to mommy and daddy, you will always be "Drew Bear." As you turn four, mommy and daddy couldn't be happier for you.  You are an amazing big brother to your sisters, even though you fight sometimes, generally you are pretty sweet with them.  you have a zest for life, that I can only hope continues throughout your life.  You are growing into such a little man, being big enough to do things all by yourself, and not wanting any help.  you are definitely Mr. Independent.  You became very interested in baseball this year, especially after meeting Mr. Josh, so we went to lots of Rangers games and you even decided to play tee ball.  You got to be on the Rangers, and it was so much fun to cheer you on in the stands!

You love going to school and church and you love to hear about God and to see your friends.  You are starting to read and can right your name, forwards and backwards ( only when there isn't enough room to go forwards), and you love to learn.  I pray that that will continue as you reach your school age years.




Mommy and Daddy love you so much! We can't believe that four years has flown by so fast! We love who you are becoming and are very excited to see what God has in store for you!

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker