Sunday, December 31, 2006

7 weeks!


Wow! Drew is already 7 weeks old and mommy has to go to work on Tuesday! yuck! it has been an amazing 7 weeks. Being a mom is an incredible gift from God! Every time Drew laughs, smiles, giggles, and even makes rocket sounding poo noises I am reminded that God is good.

Drew was born on November 12, 2006 at 9:21pm weighing in at 8lbs 5 oz and 20 inches long. To make a long story short, after arriving at the hospital at 5:45am to be induced, having to wait till 11:15am to actually begin the induction process, 3pm finding out the pitocin wasn't hooked up to me and had been dripping on the floor for 4 hours, having my water broke at 5, Drew reacting to the pitocin around 7, drew not being centered over my pelvis, being told at 8:30pm being told it was time to go get him, given injection of dextrose which led to a horrible case of the shakes and me getting sick before, during and after the c-section, and then of course having all your innards pulled out, but a beautiful little boy was the end result. All I have to say is , God bless the doctor who was enlightened enough to discover epidurals! Despite all of the chaos, I would do it all over again. And of course I got to see a whole new side of my amazing husband. He definitely can step up to a challenge when presented with one, especially when it comes to his family. I am truly blessed to have such a loving husband.

Now this whole going back to work thing stinks of course! What was I thinking last year when I thought I would gladly finish out the school year. Now don't get me wrong, I love my students, but the minute I held my son in my arms, I was a gonner. We have found a lady through our church to watch Drew and Grandma Jaci will be helping out too, so that's all a blessing. I'm just dreading the first day back at work and him in someone else's home. We are lucky that he will take a bottle, so I have built up quite a supply in the freezer and will be adding to that supply on a daily basis, I just pray that he won't want the bottle more then me. Thank goodness for slow flow bottle nipples.

I just keep telling myself, 5 months and then I can quit my job! I am looking forward to spending my days with Drew. He is growing so big and doing amazing things, I don't want to miss anything. Thank goodness being a teacher I can get off early and have plenty built in holidays, and whose to say I can't take off a day here or there :).

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker