Well, on January the 12Th, Drew was officially 2 months old. Time has really flown by. He is incredibly alert, and he just looks around. Just watching him is so incredibly amazing. I am moved to tears on a daily basis to watch my little boy grow. His laughter is contagious, his smile is beautiful, and he is such an amazing baby. At week 8 he officially found his hand and loves to stick it in his mouth. It gets all gooey of course, and then he want to share it with you. He gets the hiccups on a daily basis, sometimes so bad they make his entire body shake. I think he handles them much better then mommy and daddy do though.
Last night, he slept for a 6 hour stretch. Great, except I need to learn to go to bed when he does, so I can catch up on some sleep. Poor guy has had a stuffy nose since Christmas, and with the cold weather this weekend, it got worse. I absolutely hate attacking his poor little nose with the bulb or snot sucker as we refer to it. He wrinkles his nose if he sees you coming at him with it. We go to the pediatrician on the 25th, so maybe something else can be done to dry up his nose and give him some peace. Well, maybe he doesn't need the peace as much as mommy and daddy do ;)
Nana and Poppy came up this weekend and got to have some quality Drew time. I think its really hard on them to be down in Houston, but we are making an effort to try and see them once a month, and occasionally on the web cam. It was great having them here and we all survived the below freezing temps and the ice. We all just hung out in the house, watched movies and stayed warm.
I've now been back at work for 2 weeks and each day gets a tiny bit better. I won't allow myself to call and check on him throughout the day because then I would most likely get sad because he wasn't with me. I cannot not wait to be a stay at him mom. I know God has a reason for me being at work for these 5 months, but I'm definitely thankful that Kev and I will be able to handle to the stay at home thing. Until May, I will count down the time in the form of holidays. I just had a 3 day weekend thanks to MLK day and in four short weeks we will have another 3 day weekend for Presidents day, followed by spring break in March, Easter in April, Cinco de Mayo in May and then the end of the school year! I think leaving will be hard, but I'm sure I will be available to volunteer around there.
Well, the little man is getting sleepy, so we must go for now.


No comments:
Post a Comment