OK- so its been brought to my attention that it's been a while.. sorry life has been nuts... in summary
Drew's 12 month check up went well he weighed 23 lbs, was 31 in long and still has a big head. so he's slowed down some.. He didn't like whole milk when he first started it, so the doctor gave us these things called sipastraws. They were really cool. instead of flavoring the milk in the cup, these things act like a filter and flavor the milk as it comes up the straw. They were really sweet though...not sure if they helped from the transition of nursing to whole milk, but now the milk is going down great.
Thanksgiving was exciting. We went to Houston and we had 16 people there with 3 different families: my fam, cousin Lissa, and grandparents, Kev's fam including his brothers, and my sister in law's fam from Ohio. We had some drama, but that's normal at holidays right?
On baby number 2, at 12 weeks i hadn't gained any weight, which is fine by me. Heart rate was 177, but I think that that had to do with the fact that I did my glucose test and it was hyped up on sugar. Good news, no news from the doctor, so no diabetes yet... Pray that it won't show up. I have my 16 week appt on Tues. I'm feeling good, so no worries. I've officially outgrown my clothes and am in maternity wear full time. I started feeling flutters last week, so that's exciting. We find out what we're having next month. Its really had to believe we are almost halfway done. Yikes! As to what we are having.. no definite feelings yet.. its prolly another boy simply because its a dazey ;) We'll be happy with whatever God blesses us with.
We had a rude awakening on Friday night. Our dog rusty has become frightened of storms, and since he sleeps in a crate right by a window, we have the backside of his crate covered so he can't see out. Anyways, it was storming and at about midnight Kev and I both woke up to see our bedroom door fly open and I had enough time to get the word DOG! out of my mouth and then Rusty landed in the middle of our bed. He has broken out of his crate! Now all fine and dandy except rusty weighs close to 80lbs. He was in full panic mode, there was no calming him down. He wouldn't even go back in his crate, so we had to bribe him with treats. Reality check, I'm sure we will be dealing with a child who does this in the next few years, and hopefully we won't have to bribe them back to bed with cookies ;)
Other news.. Drew is officially weaned. Its kind of bitter sweet. I really miss spending all that time with him, but I am enjoying the freedom. There are still times that he wants to cuddle with me though, so that's nice.
Anyways, that's about all in the life of the Dazey's. We are looking forward to the Christmas holidays. I'll be better about updating I hope. If not, we hope you all have a blessed and Merry Christmas!


No comments:
Post a Comment