So we did the dinner, visited with old friends, headed back to the hotel and crashed. Well, we actually rented a movie on the TV and then crashed. Drew crashed much earlier though.
Saturday morning was nice, we slept till we woke up, ok well when Drew woke up (5:30 am, 730 texas time). Drew politly crawled in bed with us and snuggled for an hour. We had breakfast plans at 9 with Kev and I's old sunday school teachers, the Weise's, who have lived in LA for about 3 years. It was nice to get caught up with them. Emily in an actress and has had jobs on All My Children and The Young and The Restless, as well as had made some hallmark type movies.
Anyways, after breakfast, Drew and I headed back to the hotel so he could nap and Kevin and Dan took on LA. They drove to hollywood and Beverely Hills (15 mins away). They saw lots of cool stuff and they even found Tom Arnold's house (addres that is, couldn't really see the house due to the immense shrubbery surrounding it). While Drew slept, I chilled by watching a movie and ordering some room service for lunch. Get this, I ordered a $7 salad, but by the time they added the tax and fees and such, the salad ended up being $21. I thought I was being cheap. Note: LA IS NOT CHEAP.
Drew discovering the toilet paper in our hotel room
We then got all dressed up and headed off to the wedding. Even more breathtaking of a view in the daytime. Drew crashed during the recpetion, but Dan was kind enough to hold him while Kev and I took a spin on the dance floor.
All dress up with a gorgeous view (mountains to Texans, hill to Californians)
We then drove aorund Hollywood so I could see it, and drove past things like the Kodak Theater (where the Oscars are held) and the Chinese Theater ( where all the handprints and stuff are). Its really not as glamorus as it appears on TV, but still very cool. We were going to get out and take pictures, but as we were looking for a parking spot, it started to rain, so we headed back to the hotel and called it a night.
Kodak Theater (oscar location)
Statue of Walt Disney and Mickey with Cinderella's Castle in the back
Drew, panchoed up and his balloon
After that it was back to the airport and home. The flight back was an hour shorter then the one on the way there, we had air conditioning this time and Drew slept the entire last half of the flight home. Coming back from the west coast is great, Drew was so messed up on time, he slpet till 9 am on tuesday morning.
The trip was great, it was our first trip just the three of us. Its nice to travel when you don't have a jam packed schedule of places you have to be at a certain time.


No comments:
Post a Comment