OK, so I know I have been a little bit behind on blogging, but what can you say...
This week has been nuts. Kevin left Tuesday evening for a business trip in DC and is coming back today. Let me just tell you, I am definitely not cut out to be a single parent. It was a really good opportunity for him, so I'm glad he got to go, but man am I beat. Not having any down time is a killer, especially when one is pregnant. We did fine. of course, but it was hard to keep Drew occupied, especially when you could tell he was tired of looking at mama and wanted daddy.
The highlight of the week, Drew's godparents, Brett and Mandi welcomed their first son, Haedyn Charles at 5:15am on Thursday morning. Now the funny thing is, I stayed up most of the night on Wednesday night because my brain was thinking about them and I was praying them through the delivery. At one point I couldn't stand it and called and woke up Kev at 3am in DC.. oops :) Haedyn is a beautiful little boy and mommy and daddy are so proud.
We spend 2 hours down there on Thursday and then I went back and visited them on Friday, without Drew. That was nice, I didn't have to worry bout him being under foot. Now the only reason I didn't have him with me is because I had the great pleasure of completing my 3 hour glucose test on Friday. Ugggg. It wasn't unexpected, but frustrating. I am not overweight and for the most part eat pretty well, and this time around my weight gain is a lot less then it was with Drew. I had gestational diabetes with Drew, and I was hoping to by pass it this time. Maybe I did, we'll see. I chalk it up to having great genes, thanks mom :).
I did manage to fill most my evenings with something to do, but the nights were the worst, but last night was the last woohoo- I will be so happy to have my hubby safe and sound at home with us. I had some friends whose husbands went to china on a mission trip back in August and man, I have a new admiration for them, because this week was tough!


No comments:
Post a Comment