Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Michaela Candace

OK, I am finally no longer pregnant. Yippee!!! Michaela Candace arrived on June 9th at 8:16am via c-section. It was kinda surreal, but I swear the child just didn't want to come out. I am OK with our decision to go ahead with the c-section because I know that it was God's way of protecting Michaela and I. I still wasn't dilated or anything on the 9th, so I was at peace with that. Our friend Katherine was there for support and she told me the night before that having a VBAC wasn't about how you delivered the child but being in control of your pregnancy, and with God's help, we were definitely in control this time around. So that being said, we did have a successful birth with a healthy baby and a healthy mommy. We were also blessed with a supportive doctor who was on the same page as us the whole time and let us call the shots. Michaela had actually already passed her first BM, so they had to suck it out of her lungs, but she must have just done it,so it wasn't an emergency. At 10 days late she weighed 7 lbs 14oz and was 18 3/4 inch long. Just imagine if she had come on time how tiny she would have been.

We are doing well. We even got to come home a day early and big brother Drew is excited about his "bebe". WE have some awesome pictures on our family photo site, so just click the link over on the left to check them out. Also checkout the pics at Katherine's doula blog at blessedbirthblog.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker