Thursday, October 30, 2008

A phrase I never thought I would say...

So as a mother, lots of commands and directions come out of your mouth on a daily basis. Things like "NO-NO," "Don't touch," "No finger nose, " "Be gentle," etc.. Its just a part of life, you just go on, but Tuesday night I had to say "Drew stop standing on your sister!" Now seriously, what in the world! Our friend Mandi was over with her little boy because we kid swamp once a week for our sanity and Drew absolutely loves Haedyn. Haedyn is 8 months old and can pretty much hold his own with drew. He and Michaela we laying on the quilt on the floor playing and Drew was stomping around getting dangerously close and he decided he was going to try and step on Haedyn, well being watchful of my little monkey, I quickly grabbed his hand and told him not to step on Haedyn, and then I resumed my conversation with Mandi. Well I turned back to look at him and he was standing on Michaela, not just stepping on her, standing with both feet! So my 30lb kid was standing on his 14lb sister. OYE! He looked like he was trying to surf or something, one foot by her shoulders and one foot on her lower back. "Drew stop standing on your sister!" It was a comical sight, they were both looking at me to see what I would do. Luckily she wasn't freaking out, but looking at me pleadingly like "seriously mom, get him off of me!" So as sternly as I could, I pulled Drew off of Michaela and gave him a very ineffective swat on the bottom, to d him to say sorry and sent him on his way. Then Mandi and I proceeded to giggle. Goodness bad parenting on my part, but no one was hurt and this story is definitely going in a baby book!

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker