Happy new year to all, sorry its been a while, but hey, life happens.. so 2 big announcements, my friends Summers and Mandi are both expecting and are due Aug 21 (Kev's b-day) and Aug 24! So keep them in your prayers for healthy pregnancies and babies and safe deliveries.
I shocked the pants off my friend Mandi when she told me she was pregnant. I asked her if I could come be a part of her L &D at the hospital, just standing up by her head and such.. she was dumb founded at first and then I explained that currently it wasn't in God's plan for me to have my babies naturally, so i would like to be a part of someone's experience. She considered it, so we'll see.. i can always watch a baby story or something, ( oh wait, I don't have cable!)
Anyways, could you also pray for Kevin and me. He is working on a program at Bell that requires a mandatory 20+ hours of overtime. Poor guy, his alarm went off at 5 am this morning! If you check your calenders it is a Saturday! he got up and before the kiddos were up and going, he had almost 3 hours put in and as I type this he is back at it. I know family's do this all the time, but we got really spoiled with him working on such a laid back program the last 7 years and being just 4 miles from home. Now his working 12 hours or more a day and is 20 miles from home arg! Now I will tell you, 2 weeks before the big change, we were talking about work and how he felt he needed something different, so we started praying. God certainly answered that prayer. He's getting a lot of good experience and is managing a group, but it can be way stressful, there are a lot of unrealistic deadlines....
He has established a good routine with Drew and Michaela and works from home early in the morning. Having breakfast once the kiddos are up and then off for the day, but come evening time, he gets home in time for bath and bedtime and them is either really tired form such a long day or has to put in more time.. so I miss the us time, but we are working on it.. I told him recently he should just move in with his parents, who live closer to his office then we do, that way I wouldn't expect him home at all. Its easier on me with the kiddos if I know I am doing everything on my own at night, because when I know he is coming home, I tend to rely on him, if he weren't coming home, I wouldn't do that. I can't just pretend he's not going to be there either, so I am struggling a bit, but I'm getting used to the new schedule, at least he has a job, right! Kevin did promise me an vacation this summer, and believe me, I am holding him to it!
Christmas was great, I am some pictures but Kev is on the computer and I am on the laptop, so I'll upload those later, and hanging out with both families at one house was wonderful. It is such a blessing to have my parents and my grandparents close. We get to see them often, much more then we did when they were in Houston, which is great! Both sets of grandparents did a great job of spoiling our kiddos, so now we are in the process of cleaning out our garage and transforming it into a playroom. We moved the fort that was in our living room to the garage,so we could put up our tree and when we took the tree down, we realized how much more room we had now that that wasn't there, its almost like having a new house!
I hope all if you had a blessed and Merry Christmas and a happy new year and may the Lord bless you in 2009.


No comments:
Post a Comment