So my big kid has all of a sudden decided to become a super big kid. On Friday he told me as I was changing his diaper "DIAPER OFF!!" I was a little nervous but went with it. I told him "no pee- pee floor no poo-poo floor" and he repeated me and went on his way. I kept a close eye on him and eventually he said "pee pee potty" and off he went. He got onto the potty ( the big one) all by himself and peed! I thought it was a fluke! But one successful trip turned into three and then all day Saturday, all day Sunday, and all day Monday with no accidents! He did both his businesses in the potty. Now we've had a potty for him since before Michaela was born, made a couple of trips, sat on it before bath time, etc, but never pushed the issue. We'd periodically ask him to sit on it and if he said no, then there was no forcing the issue. We always talked about where pee pee and poo poo go during diapers changes ( in potty) and even at times dumped the poo poo in the potty. I know we will have our good days and bad, but so what lets go man! Of course night time is a different issue, but he, i think i've used a total of 3 diapers since Friday! Well, I got brave today, and after talking to a few other moms, sent him off in his Elmo undies to school today.. we'll see what happens, packed diapers, undies and a change of clothes.. so we'll see... man who would have thought one would be so excited about kids going potty! Way to go Drew! Mommy and Daddy are super excited for you and extremely proud of you!
Drew and his candy after doing his business!


1 comment:
congrats, when they get it, it just clicks! :)
Post a Comment