Ya know, I never thought I would let me blog be gone for so long.. after May I think I went into denial mode. Come on my baby turned one on June 9th..I cried.. alot.... which surprised me... We have done a lot of fun and crazy things in the passed oh i dunno 8 months.. I hope i still have people who read this...
I think the craziest thing we did was the weekend of memorial day we packed up the kids and drove to northeastern Ohio and back.. That's right crazy dazeys... my best friend in Ohio.. he daughter who is like two weeks older then Michaela ( we were due a day apart) was a having a party for her first birthday and it was a big to do so I convinced my husband to make the trip with us.. We left after Drew's school that Thursday.. only to realize at 1 am in Memphis Tennessee that I had not loaded Kev's bag into the van.. so we had to buy Kev everything the next morning at walmart (graceland walmrt).. then did a quick tour of graceland and arrived in Rootstown,OH at 130 am. did the birthday party thing the next day and then reloaded Sunday morning and headed back.. arriving home 7pm Monday evening.. Crazy yes, but totally worth it and fun.. yes! this kiddos were awesome and it was great spending time with friends and lots of time with my family... we chronicled the whole trip and maybe i will type it up some time...
We spent lots of time on the lake this summer, which was a blast.. drew and Michaela love being on papa's boat.. i think drew will be water skiing this summer...
We have totally redone our kitchen and bathrooms and our hose no longer screams hey i was built in 88! now if we could get it to stop wiggling and shaking...
The fall brought Drew's return to school and lots of one on one time with miss M.. we have added another four legged member of our family.. Truman who sleeps a lot so he doesn't count.. and God has just truly blessed us this year...
Christmas was awesome this year.. we really emphasized the true meaning of Christmas so when Drew was asked what Santa gave him.. he replied " nothing.. mommy and daddy gave me things" didn't intend to leave Santa out.. but we really want Christmas to be focused on Christ, so we did a very light Christmas.. Both kids got one big gift and then something they needed... Drew got his first digital camera and loves it and miss Michaela received a bitty baby with the cradle and high chair and clothes.. and a buggy, she is such the little mommy.. the grandparents went a little over board.. but that's bound to happen so we did take a full load of toys to mission Arlington on Christmas eve to emphasize the spirit of giving... and man o man did it snow that day.. nothing like waking up to a white Christmas! Never in my life do I have a memory such as beautiful as that. I also made cinnamon rolls from scratch and we sang happy birthday to Jesus with a candle stuck in one and read the children's version of the Christmas story...
I also turned 30 a few eeks ago.. I was totally willing to embrace the fact that I was 30 until i got a stomach on my birthday followed by drew getting it at 1230 am... i remember telling Kevin.. if this is what 30 is like.. forget it! oh well I was blessed to have a wonderful party with friends and family.. and hey 30 is not so bad...
I am also starting my own photography business due to be officially launched in March.. Dazey Creations Photography... family and portrait photography.. I'm really excited and I think it will be a lot of fun .. I'm still perfecting my technique.. but so far things are going well
Drew is gonna be playing soccer with some friends this spring and I'm way excited about that.. imagine me, a soccer mom.. well I already have a van.. just gotta get some soccer stickers.. hehehe
I know those who still read this are wondering about pictures of our kiddos and such.. well our hard drive has crashed twice now and we are operating solely from our laptop.. so anyways more updates to come soon!


1 comment:
So glad you're back in the blogosphere!
Post a Comment