Well so Miss sweet Charlotte is 5.5 months old. How did I miss blogging about her fourth month happenings? so at her four month check up.. she weighed 13 lbs. 11 oz (52%) and was 25 inches long (77%). We started her on some reflux medication. I should have gone with my gut instinct earlier in the game, but I'm not one to just medicate my child, so I talked myself out of it, but man, is she a much happier baby. She's smiling, laughing, attempting to roll from back to front, she hates being on her tummy though, so I don't see this happening too quickly. Anyways, I think she likes to see what is coming right at her ( aka Drew and Michaela). She is also attempting to sit up, and she is definitely still a vertical baby She's still not quite sleeping through the night, but she did go 12 hours two days ago, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. She mostly wakes up once around 3 or 4 and goes right back down after a quick feeding. She was able to run in the cowtown 5k this morning with me. It was tough pushing a stroller, but she slept the whole time and it was fun. She is the first child I have ran with, so it was something fun to share with her.
Miss Michaela is 2.5 and is all drama! She wants to do everything herself and if you don't let her, it often results in a meltdown. So yes I have been that parent, practically dragging my two year to the car while holding a baby and a four year old. I'm sure its quite comical, but we deal and move on, they don't usually last to long. Her imagination is growing. The other day she came into the dining room, wrapped all in a blanket and said "Look I'm all married." If you could have seen the look on Kevin's face! I asked her what she said and she said it again except added that Baby Jesus was in her tummy. She was Mary. Got it! So then she and Drew played like they were Mary and Joseph with an imaginary Baby Jesus. I'm just glad there was no actual birth of Jesus! She is going to try a gymnastics class on Tuesday night at a gym by our house, so that should be exciting. We'll see if she likes it. She also love going to school and seeing Ms. Billwee (Billie) and Ms. Valwee(Valery). Can't wait to see what a ham she is in their PE program next week!
Drew is 4 and all boy! He loves baseball and is playing that again this spring. We actually got a mini plan to the Texas rangers so that'll be fun to take him to. We can't wait for opening day! He is such a sweet big brother! He and Michaela are finally at the age where they are playing great together. Its so fun to watch them and be a part of their imaginary play. I didn't have that growing up, so its fun! The other day Drew was Woody, Michaela was Jesse and I was Buzz and they had to each be called by those names and I was quickly corrected if I called them by the wrong name! Drew also loves school and has been keeping his teachers on his toes this year, but overall he's doing great and is looking forward to the four year old class next year! We are starting to look at options for Kindergarten in 2012, so we shall see where we end up!
Kevin has started grad school this semester in Software engineering ( I think) at SMU and is gone on Thursday evenings. He's enjoying it and we just tried meeting him for a quick dinner so the kids could see him before class and that worked out well, so maybe that will turn in the habit. Yeah a no cooking night ;)
I'm keeping busy with my photog business, sewing, embroidering, cooking, drinking coffee and trying to keep our home from imploding! I've started meal planning and man does it save on groceries and it helps to know what I am cooking ahead of time. I am definitely not one of those people that can just throw things together!
Any who, just a quick update on the fam and our happenings. Nothing too exciting, but we are definitely blessed!


No comments:
Post a Comment