Wednesday, February 7, 2007

2 month check up














Well, our kiddo is like super kid. At his 2 Month check up Drew weighed in at 14lbs .5oz and was 24.5 inches long. This puts him in the 95% for height and weight and he's in the 80% on his head size. As Dr. Raine put it, he has a large mental capacity. Unfortunately, at this appointment, Drew also received his first round of shots, 4 of them, 2 in each leg. It was so sad, I was holding him and he was in a good mood and everything, looking at me when he realized he was being stuck. The look on his face and his cry just about broke my heart, then we had to switch legs and do it again. Let me just say, by the end we were both crying. There is nothing more agonizing knowing your child is in pain and you can't do anything about it. After some quality snuggle time with mommy, we were both OK and he had a semi full belly. That night wasn't so bad, except right before bedtime, the Tylenol had just begun to wear off and his little legs hurt and every time he moved them he cried. So, once again we were both crying and daddy was holding him to calm him down, and after another dose of Tylenol and I think sheer exhaustion, Drew was asleep. With a dose of Tylenol at each feeding till the morning we were all good. We get to do it all over again on March 12th. Fun.


The past 3 weeks have been interesting. Kev and I have both been sick on and off and man no one cares when the mommy is sick. Mom can't take anytime to rest. Not that it is a bad thing, but on Tuesday I woke up running a fever, so Kev took drew to the sitters for half a day. Kev's mom came and picked him up and brought him home. I felt like a bad mommy staying home, but I needed some serious sleep. I slept from 10am till almost 1. Its amazing how much better I felt and have been fever free ever since. So at least I can be a better mommy now that I'm feeling better. Now we just have to get daddy well.


We're taking Drew to his first Baylor basketball games this weekend. Its ATOC weekend (Alumni takes on Courtside). Which means daddy gets to play in the basketball band the first game. Its something we did in college and once a year they lets us old farts come back. I might play in the second game, but we'll have to see how the Drewster is doing. Don't worry, we'll take lots of pictures.


He's changing so much, and he's so incredibly handsome. I am already praying for his future wife. This guy's going to be a heart breaker.


1 comment:

Dan Obregon said...

He's a cutie alright! Glad I got to see you guys (and hold Drew) this weekend! Much love!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker