Monday, September 10, 2007

Weekend at Bernie's




Okay, so not really Bernie's, but at Grandma and Grandpa's. That's right folks, Kevin and I left Drew with the Grandparents and went to San Antonio for Saturday night. I was really nervous and in the process of getting Drew to the grandparents, we went off and left the food and milk, but thankfully, Kevin's dad drove down and got it before Drew woke up at their house from his nap. I got upset over our forgetfulness, but it all worked out in the end. Kevin's parents were really great and sent pictures and video to my phone of what Drew was doing throughout the day, so that helped. I also forgot a very critical part to my pump and had to stop and buy it so I wouldn't be miserable throughout the weekend.

Drew did very well and was very excited to see mammy and daddy when we got back last night, but we definitely needed some time together. WE went to San Antonio for Kevin's 10 year high school reunion and it was a lot of fun. It was neat for me to see Kevin interacting with his high school friends, and kind of catching a glimpse of who he was then. We also attended Grace Presbyterian Church on Sunday morning. That was the church Kevin and his brothers grew up in, and needless to say, we got in a little bit of trouble for not having Drew with us... next time.

We also had an opportunity to hang out with our good friends Raymond and Ana Sanchez and their little boy Antonio. They live in Corpus, but met us in San Antonio for lunch on their way back home and our way back home. They are expecting a little girl in January.

Anyways, like I said, it was some much needed mommy and daddy time and the grandparents had a blast too!

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker