Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Children...

How to raise Godly children...

No this is not how to, but more of a question. Its days like today that I'm so blessed that I will be leaving teaching 5 weeks. Teenagers nowadays are so rude and disrespectful. They don't care if you bend over backwards, see the good in them, or want them to do their best. once they have got it in their heads that they aren't going to do something there is no changing their minds.

How do parents loose such utter control of their kids? I mean, I know their are parents out there who try and really put forth the effort with their rebellious teens, but there are a large number of them who don't seem to care about them. Why have kids if you aren't going to mold them and shape them into decent human beings?

Kids nowadays, especially in my school, seem to think that the world owes them, that they don't have to do a single thing an adult ask them to, and they already know it all. I understand that there are many children having to grow up way to fast, but seriously, what happened to manners?

I pray that Kevin and I, with God's help, can mold Drew into the man that God wants him to be. I know that there will be challenges, but I pray that we get through those and never give up on our son. I pray that we are able to discipline him in such a way that he learns lessons instead of anger. I pray that he respects his teachers, his family, pastors, and anyone who cares about him. Parenting is a tough job, and I think it is only with God that you can succeed.

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker