Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter and then some...

Life is good. Actually I should say, God is good! We've had some rough times in the last few weeks, many which have led to some reflection.

A few weeks ago, we attended a funeral of a young lady who was only 22. That was really hard. A parent should never have to bury their child, but thankful she was a christian and it was pretty obvious she had finished her work here on earth and God had called her home. As a parent, life has a whole new twist. Life is truly a blessing, for as long or short of a time it may be. I pray that Kevin and I can raise Drew to be a true man of God, and that he will find God quickly in life. I pray that we are daily growing in God and that we exhibit His love and forgiveness in everything we do.

Drew is now doing so many neat things. Rolling over, laughing, squealing, sleeping..... tomorrow he will be 5 months old. Time has absolutely flown by. I feel like I just gave birth to him yesterday. OK, not literally, but all you moms know what I mean. He's growing quickly and is such a good baby. I thank God on a daily basis for our son, and I look forward to the many things he is going to accomplish.

A friend of ours son turned 1 on Easter. Drew attended his birthday party last weekend. It was a blast! Its hard to believe that Jack is one already.

Happy Birthday Jack!


The way cool Dazey's



I had just found out I was pregnant when he was born. He's absolutely beautiful, and is so full of life. Its hard for me to believe that Drew will eventually be one. I read Katherine's blog on her reflections over the last year, from her birth story to his first few steps. How do we miss the transitions from them being babies to becoming little boys? I thank God that I will be able to stay home in 6 short weeks, maybe I won't miss it....

On a brighter note, Easter was a blast. We took Drew to our church's egg fest. It was freezing. Only in Texas can it be 80 degrees one day and snow the next. That's right, it was snowing on and off all day, so we bundled Drewster up in a fleece bunny suit. Don't worry he didn't look like the kid from the Christmas Story. We took him to see animals, her got to ride on a mini tractor, and Grandma and Grandpa came too. On Easter they even came to church too!
Daddy and the Blue Easter Bunny


This weekend is going to be pretty exciting. Drew is being dedicated. All that means is we are making a promise to raise Drew in a Christian home. I am very excite because we will have lots of family there and even Kevin's grandparents from Oregon will be coming. So Drew will now have met all his great grandparents. That's pretty exciting!

God has shown Himself so much these past few weeks and as I said before, God is so good!

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker