Drew truly blessed me with the badge of honor as a mother last night.... he puked on me twice yuck! I guess its was nice considering he waited 9.5 months to bestow such a wonderful gift upon me ;)
So, Drewster is a tad bit sick. He was running a low grade temp on Wednesday that I chalked up to teething since we are cutting our second tooth ( have I mentioned we are obtaining teeth?). Then yesterday afternoon, I noticed he was still low grade, gave him some Tylenol and then put him down for his afternoon nap. He woke up a few minute early, not so big a deal, but when i went to get him up he was laying back down and then slept for another hour. Not normal, so I was a little concerned and when he woke up again he just laid in bed and whimpered. Very sad, so I gave him another dose of Tylenol, took his temp and we were 102.4. I called the on call nurse just to check a few things with her and we went with our evening. He wasn't really interested in eating, but I got him to eat a little yogurt and some applesauce. It was a few minutes later he christened me. He took a luke warm bath to cool him off and then into the pj's and ready for bed by 7. I let him nurse for a few and then was going to read him a story and he got this awful look on his face.. I thought not again, so I grabbed a burp cloth and prepared myself and then I was blessed again. So after a change of pj's, some water, snuggle time with mom, Mr Drew went to bed.
Great, but then we were up at 10, more Tylenol, 101.7. Up at 230, 102.5, more Tylenol and then woke up every hour after that and was up at 630 with 100.2 . Motrin at that point and his fever finally went down. Its trying to go back up I think, so at nap time we had another dose of Tylenol (99.2).
So all in all, its been a long night, he's feeling a little better, but I think our trip to Houston this evening might be cancelled. We'll see. I just hope that Drewster feels better soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment