OK, so we disappeared briefly...
So Oregon was great. Drew id awesome , didn't sleep through the night, but we dealt.. nothing a little night nursing couldn't take care of. Pictures will be up shortly...When we got home he bounced right back and is even sleeping a tad bit longer in the morning.. most mornings...
Our newest thing is that Mr. Drew is almost 9 mos old and we are pulling up on everything, crawling... and into everything. Its totally awesome to see what a little independent man he is becoming....except one thing... the pulling up in the crib has posed some problems... we are now testing mama to see how much screaming she can take.. and let me tell you its a tough one to deal with.
Mornings are not pleasant anymore..no matter what time we wake up.. Drew stands up and screams bloody murder. Well maybe he doesn't know how to get down.... not true.. we know quite well how to get down.. we just don't want to. So there is no going back to sleep. Now if Drew wakes up before 6am I can go get him out of bed, bring him to our bed, nurse him and he'll sleep and hour or 2 more which is wonderful, but also a bad habit, but oh well. If he wakes up after 6 there is no going back to sleep, which is OK, I can handle most mornings getting up at 6.
Challenge number 2. Nap time. Morning naps go well most morning, but the last 2 days.. afternoon naps have been a big challenge. Yesterday he did not take an afternoon nap at all.. which makes for a unhappy baby and an unhappy mommy. Right now as we speak we are standing up wailing in our crib and have been for the last 30 mins... I have gone in there twice now.. laid him down and told him its night night time.. to no avail.... I'm trying really hard not to give in and nurse him...we haven't been nursing before nap time since we were 4 months old.. and now all of a sudden that's what he want to do. He has a clean diaper.. he had a good lunch.. we are teething I know that but seriously it hasn't been that big of a deal.. so I'm almost at the end of my rope. My mother in law does not handle the strategy of letting him cry.. but ya know he's my kid and that would most likely be the reason he didn't get a nap yesterday because she was over.
So pray for me. I have my ipod in my ears right now trying to drown him out.. I'm checking on him in between songs.. so I'm not completely ignoring him.. but man this is tough... have a good week,


1 comment:
However you end up dealing with the afternoon naps, don't beat yourself up over it. If nursing works, I say do it. Use it as a tool because once you wean him, you won't have that tool anymore. I nursed James to sleep until 13 months and was scared of how he'd fall asleep without nursing but he made the switch to falling asleep on his own beautifully, so there is a chance that everything "they" say about not nursing a baby to sleep could be total and utter garbage, as it was in our case.
You're right, he's your kid. But I'll also add that do whatever works for that kid. :-)
I can't believe he's 9 months old! WOW!
Post a Comment